Queen’s College Chapel

Loading Map....

Address
High Street
Oxford


OX1 4AW
United Kingdom

The College was founded by Robert d’Eglesfield in 1340 to be ‘a place of education and religion’ and the latter aspect of the College’s duties are now primarily fulfilled through the life of the College Chapel, albeit with fewer chaplains and theologians than in the fourteenth century. There has been a chapel at Queen’s since 1382 and our current building was consecrated on All Saints’ Day in 1719 as part of the College’s extensive redevelopment at the turn of the eighteenth century.

Throughout its long history, the Chapel has been a space at the heart of College for marking beginnings and endings, for baptisms, confirmations, funerals and weddings of College members, and a place of petition and thanksgiving through crisis and festivity. Alongside our regular pattern of services during Full Term, it remains a quiet place at the heart of a busy institution for retreat and reflection, available to all.

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location